1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tab 2 - needs router/modem daily

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dr4sight, Jun 24, 2013.

1. dr4sight

dr4sight Well-Known Member

The past couple of weeks it seems like after dinner the Tab 2 can not connect to the internet unless I go to my desktop PC and turn off the router and the modem for about a minute. Then usually we're back in business.
    I wonder whether the use of the microwave oven at dinnertime is the cause of this problem. The desktop PC and my HTC One V phone don't have this issue.
    Does anyone notice this behavior on the part of their tablet and any idea how to prevent the problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jwither

jwither Android Enthusiast

DSL or Cable modem? Those typically don't need to be rebooted unless you have some sort of line issue. Routers, however, have a history of these problems as they age.

As far as the microwave is concerned, I would think it would be easy enough to test, unless you can only run the microwave at dinner. Can't you run it during the day?

3. dr4sight

dr4sight Well-Known Member

Yes. I can test it out during the day. Other interesting variables to look out for include the location of the tablet. If the microwave is the culprit, the closer the tablet is to it while it's running should increase the likelihood of the problem.
    I'm not the sharpest tech guy around but wonder whether changing the channel (I use channel 6) for wireless might help also.
    Thanks for the ideas.

4. mikeca

mikeca Android Enthusiast

My microwave oven always kills the wifi signal until the oven stops and then the wifi goes right back on. Fortunately we rarely use the microwave so... haven't bothered with changing the channel on the wifi. All we use the microwave for is to reheat coffee (LOL!).

I've been told that would work though.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews