1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tab 2 Screen problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Macken55, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Macken55

Macken55 Lurker

Hello,my friend dropped her Samsung galaxy tab 2 and shattered the digitizer, it was still useable so the Lcd was not broke. she bought a cheap replacement digitizer from China and what it is now doing is shown in the vid.I cleaned the Lcd before we fitted the digitizer so know the Lcd is not cracked as it seems in the video.Anyone any idea of what is wrong !

Advertisement

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

That sure looks like something is cracked there.
    But I have to question the choice of cheap digitizer. I personally would have gone for a geniune replacement part, with it being such a critical component.

Macken55 likes this.
  3. Macken55

Macken55 Lurker

She couldn't find a genuine part ,one place had an old page advertising them but doesn't stock them anymore ,she assumed they couldn't be got as the tab is a few years old.

4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Yeah, getting OEM parts for some devices can be a real chore. An option to look into is buy a used but still working Tab 2 from some place like swappa.com or ebay.com. Then cannibalize it for parts, or if applicable transfer her data to the new one and keep the original for parts. But whatever the case, hopefully she has her data safely backed up. If not, use Samsung's Smart Switch utility:
    https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/
    It will make migrating all her data from one Tab 2 to another less of a hassle. (Or at the very least, having a full backup is a must anyway.)

Macken55 likes this.