• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help tab 2 won't connect despite strong wifi signal

dr4sight

Sep 6, 2011
Saugerties, NY
My Tab 2 7.0 has always done just fine in our house and connects to the router's strong wi-fi signal. But just tonite it won't connect. I've turned it off and I've tried putting into airplane mode for a while.
It reports: Signal strength: Very Strong
but won't make the connection.
Nothing else in the system has changed today and my HTC One V android phone is connecting just fine to this signal.
Any ideas?

Rebooting the router did not get the job done.

Checking for answers online someone suggested changing one of the security settings. I did and then connection was restored.

Doesn't make sense to me only because things had been fine and I hadn't changed the setting. Since the problem started just after my wife was using the microwave oven I thought maybe it had something to do with it.

I'm happy since the tablet is back in business. And I thank all for your input.

Upvote 0
Rebooting the router did not get the job done.

Checking for answers online someone suggested changing one of the security settings. I did and then connection was restored.

Doesn't make sense to me only because things had been fine and I hadn't changed the setting. Since the problem started just after my wife was using the microwave oven I thought maybe it had something to do with it.

I'm happy since the tablet is back in business. And I thank all for your input.

It might be helpful to others in the future if you tell us what security setting you changed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones