• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tab 3 8.0 Bluetooth speaker connected but music still playing through Tab speakers

trankster

May 3, 2010
Irvine, CA
My Tab is is paired and connected to a Bluetooth speaker (tried this also with BT headphones) but music continues to play through the Tab speakers. This happens with Pandora and the Google music player. The BT Settings screen lists the paired device as "Connected to media audio". I tried rebooting, removing and re-pairing the BT devices. Today, after listening through the Tab speakers for awhile, the BT speaker suddenly started playing. After awhile, I disconnected from the BT speaker and then reconnected, same problem with music only playing from the Tab speakers not BT. :thinking:

Anyone else have this happen? I have used BT speakers with this Tab in the past though not for awhile. I hate factory resets 'cause it takes hours to restote and rebuild menus and folders. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I am having same problem exept it wont allow me to run any music it says not allowed during call and has a phone icon when you adjust the volume. it is not switching output to Bluetooth. it is definitely a software issue b/c the bt works. it paired and I tried it on a wifi call with talkatone and headphones worked fine. maybe just the headphones aren't recognized for media on sgt 8? the headphones work on my sgt 2 10.1 and all my galaxy players however. anybody know whats up?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones