• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tab 4 SM-T335 Rooting

Hi Guys,

So Im new here and have found a lot of helpful forum threads so figured id join.

So I decided to root my SM-T335 Galaxy Tab 4 .. im running 5.1.1 and my build number is LMY47X.T335XXU1BOF8

So I went ahead and used ODIN like Ive done on my s3 and s4 and s5 and reflashed the device .. to my utter amazement lol .. I bricked it .. it went into a permantent samsung startup screen and vibrated a lot ! ... No panic though as using trust KIES I have reflashed the stock firmware .. Knox is however tripped .. doh !

So im thinking what have i done wrong here .. everything seemed to go ok, I have attached a link to a youtube video that shows the unsucceful process and I would love your input as to why it failed, if I am being a total moron and doing something fundimentally wrong i apologise in advance ! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDzh1qkT7bM&feature=youtu.be

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones