• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tab won't turn on or charge

D

Deleted User

Well I got another error now. My tablet died and now it won't turn on. I tried pressing down on the volume down and power button for a bit but all it does is briefly flash on for like a second then turns off. When I plug it in nothing shows up on the screen indicating it's charging.

I noticed you mentioned somthing in you previous thread where you state "I took apart my system and detached what I assume was the battery". Not sure how to interpret that but if that has something to do with system files then maybe that is the issue. The usb port is not wired directly to the battery. Power first goes to the motherboard then to the battery and is regulated by a program. If that program was infact deleted then te cpu will not have the ability to charge the battery. If that is indeed what caused the inability to charge the tablet..... However, ths depends on what "took apart my system... battery". Is the battery removal? Also check the usb port for dirt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There may be a couple of things you have to look upon.
1) Check your charger is working properly or not.
2) Is your battery is damaged or not.
As you said your Tablet died. If the above 2 things are working properly then your firmware might be got corrupt. You have to reinstall your firmware and your tab will start working properly.
If you face any other issue please feel free to reply. I would love to help you out.

--
Lewis
How do I check to see if my battery is damaged?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
images.jpg

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones