1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tablet Advice

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Uber Schwarz, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Uber Schwarz

Uber Schwarz Member

So I want to get an Android tablet but I want one that is, or will be in the future, running Honeycomb. I don't mind rooting and ROMing as I already do that with my Motorola Droid. Any advice on what tablet I should go with? Is there any coming out soon I should wait for? I prefer to have one that has a good community behind it in making ROMs and also has a Tegra 2 or better.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Uber Schwarz

Uber Schwarz Member

I've been looking at the ViewSonic gTablet and also the ASUS EEE Transformer. Should I get the gTablet or wait for the Transformer?

3. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert

If you already have a moto droid, you can probably appreciate the importance of dev support. The moto droid is kept fresh by the dev community. Same goes with the gtablet. Will the gtablet run honeycomb...all signs point to yes. The dev community has been able to make this tablet into a serious alternative if you don't want to pay a whole lot of money. I think its a great device to pass the time until the android tablet prices become stablized.

As for the asus, I haven't heard of a definite release date but I'm sure its not vapor ware I'm a little skeptical that the price will be $400 like they said it will be but time will tell.