• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have a xoom and I did download Words With Friends, but it must be the non-tablet version because it doesn't support screen rotation and my letters are hidden at the bottom of the screen under the advertisement and status bar.

I have seen pictures online that show a full tablet version running on a xoom as well, but I have no idea where to get it.

Hopefully someone can enlighten us :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'd like to do some document creating and editing, but I'm not sure which app to go with. Obviously free would be nice, but quality is more important to me than price. Has anyone out there had good success with the apps on their Xoom? I have the keyboard accessory so I don't need to worry about typing them up on-screen. Ideally I'd like to be able to create document shortcuts on my home pages too, but I'm not sure if that's functionality that I would have to get from a different app, or if it's possible with Honeycomb at all.

Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0
I second the Documents to Go suggestion. Some people are putting Launcher Pro Plus on the Xoom as well and you can make amazing shortcuts with that too.

Also, if you bought Documents to Go for your phone, the key works on all of your devices. I felt kind of guilty doing that when I got my Droid 2 but I didn't want to pay for it again either. They said that it was OK to use the key for the new device and even gave me another install for it.

Upvote 0
i would beupset if my key did not cross over to my new device. i had the same key from blackberry days.

also docs to go is all you need for productivity on this device.

also try this for shortcuts:

http://androidforums.com/xoom-support-troubleshooting/292486-shortcut-word-document.html

Yeah, but it works on both devices at the same time. I could see if I was moving the license but I have installed in and working 3 places now. Droid 1, Droid 2, and Xoom. Maybe if I paid full price, I wouldn't feel at all guilty. What is to stop me from just posting my unlock code for all to see (other than the knowledge that I'd <even more so> deserve that kick in the ass that I am destined to get some day.)

Granted, I don't really use them all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones