1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tablet :Aqua in landscape mode - AquaMail

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by wigfield, Jan 27, 2017.

1. wigfield

wigfield Android Enthusiast

Does aqua show full screen when writing? I've been using blue mail for a bit because it's better for when I'm on my tablet showing full screen in landscape but after reading how blue mail is not as secure I'm thinking about changing.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. wigfield

Ive gone into all the settings cant seem to find anything that would make it better for landscape is there any hidden settings?

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

How do you define "better"?

On my tablet Aquamail uses the full screen for composing (I always use the tablet in landscape mode). Unless you mean "does it hide the system status bar", in which case my tablet doesn't support that at all so I can't tell you .

4. wigfield

If use Aqua then i noticed i have to reduce the size of the keyboard if i want to get full screen when writing a email but with bluemail i dont have to reduce the size.

@Hadron have you ever started a email off on your tablet then saved it and then carried on writing it on your mobile? With me if i start writing a email on my tablet then save it then i carry on with the message on my phone when i open up the draft it quotes of the draft like im replying to it. Or is it just that my phone is running jeallybean?

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I've never switched devices part way through composition (and don't have my phone on me to test ATM). Could depend on mail app or email service as well as OS.

I've not met an app that resizes the keyboard from its normal behaviour. I'm surprised that the keyboard app co-operates - may depend on the keyboard of course. I just set size preferences myself where the keyboard app allows, but then it is easy for me as I rarely use the tablet in portrait and never type on my phone in landscape (too wide and keyboard takes up too much space), so only have to optimise one orientation on each. l'm curious, but not sufficiently to install Blue mail to test (I looked at it a couple of years ago, decided it was quite opaque on privacy, never went further).

Personally a tablet is my least favourite device for typing though - too big for thumb typing but too small for real typing (10-finger touch typist). I'm actually using handwriting recognition to write this (Note 10.1, so have that option).

Aqua Mail - Email App

Aqua Mail - Email App Forum

org.kman.AquaMail

Aqua Mail is the go-to app for all your email needs!
Whether it’s a work or personal email, a corporate exchange server, Aqua Mail
lets you easily access all your emails from one complete app. No complex setup required, just enter your email and password and you’re all set. With its flexibility and vast customization options
Aqua Mail’s goal is to reflect the needs of the modern-day user and provide a platform anyone can tailor to their needs and preferences. Aqua Mail's seamless yet powerful interface
hosts a wide range of advanced features for setting up any type of email account: KEY FEATURES:
 • Multiple email providers: Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, FastMail, Apple, GMX, AOL
and more.  • Mail accounts hosted at: Google Apps, Yahoo BizMail, Office 365, Exchange Online
and others.  • Use of a “more secure” login method (OAUTH2)
for Yahoo and Gmail.  • Backup and restore
feature via popular cloud services (Dropbox, OneDrive, Box and Google Drive) or a file.  • Integration
with popular third-party apps providing maximum control, synergy and customizability, including Light Flow, Enhanced SMS & Caller ID, Cloud Print, Apex Launcher Pro, Nova Launcher / Tesla Unread, Executive Assistant, DashClock Widget, Tasker and more.  • Push mail
for most mail services (except Yahoo) and self-hosted IMAP servers, also for Exchange and Office 365 (corporate mail). ADVANCED FEATURES:
 • Home screen widgets
including message counter and message list.  • Use our Smart Folder
feature to easily navigate and manage your emails.  • Calendar sync for Exchange and Office 365
(use any Calendar app or widgets).  • Contacts sync for Exchange and Office 365
(visible in Aqua Mail and in the Contacts app. Includes auto-complete and lookup in the corporate directory).  • The rich text editor, styling choices and a large number of formatting options, including embedding images will help you create the perfect email.  • With the signature support you can attach a separate signature to each mail account
and include images, links and text formatting.  • Notifications and reply via voice input from an Android Wear
smartwatch.  • Pick from the four available Themes
and further customization options to change how the app looks and operates.  • Separate network connection setting for WiFi and mobile data ensures optimum performance and cost-effectiveness. PREMIUM FEATURES:
Get the most out of Aqua Mail by purchasing the Pro version and unlock:  • Push mail for Exchange servers (corporate email) and Office 365.
 • Add multiple accounts.
 • Use identities.
 • Remove the Aqua Mail promo signature in outgoing messages.
 • Remove ads.
PERMISSIONS:
With Aqua Mail
you'll always be in control of the information you provide. Permissions will be requested only in the following cases:  • Storage
– Sending and saving attachments, Backup and Restore.  • Contacts
– Sender images and autocompletion when writing messages.  • Calendar
– Previews of event invites and rejecting or accepting them. OS REQUIREMENTS:
Android 4.0.3 or higher CONTACT US:
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at support@aqua-mail.com.

READ MORE
February 12, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
5M+
Installs