1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tablet as a Car Head Unit

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Britjoe, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Britjoe

Britjoe Lurker

Hi People of Knowledge is there a app or application for tethering my LG G4 to a tablet Im thinking of installing in my dash, for dialing out on and receiving calls

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kibaikasu

Kibaikasu Member

I doubt this is possible through the use of cellular service. The SIM cards that go into tablets are different than the ones that go into smartphones in that they only permit data service rather than voice and data. Smartphone SIM cards aren't compatible with tablets and will not allow connectivity if you try to put one in.

Alternatively, you can probably try something like a VoIP service and try to set up call forwarding through your smartphone to your VoIP number and try to use that VoIP number through your tablet. Not sure if it would work, as I'm just brainstorming right now, but it's worth giving it a try. Let us know if you're successful!

3. Britjoe

Britjoe Lurker

im thinking more of a bluetooth connection, I currently Have a Parrot asteroid Smart (android 2.3 Based) ,as a head unit. its great and works well, but is so limited in its specs 350 meg space 256 mg ram, it has usb ports and a sd card slot. but the basic specs are terrible

#3 Britjoe, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  4. Kibaikasu

Kibaikasu Member

Hmmm... I'd have to experiment with this, as I've nether tried to tether my phone to a tablet via Bluetooth. I have a cheapo LG tablet at home that I can try this with. When I get out of work, I'll charge it up and test it out and post my results.