• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tablet crisis!

Personal preference. No Samsung TW overlay. Faster updates. More pure Android.

Fair enough. They're both Samsung at the end of the day which is why I was curious. I couldn't care less about updates (was using HC for about 2-3 mos after ICS came out because I didn't know it was out) and "pure Android" doesn't really mean anything to me.

However, if you want a pure Android experience, have I got a Google IO tablet for you.................

Upvote 0
I might be in violation here but what's everyone's opinion on the windows 8 tab?

I'll write up the ticket later. :)

I finally got to play with a Surface RT a couple of days ago. I have to say ...meh. I expected more. I'm not a fan of the stack of flashing boxes interface on Windows Phone and thought it might be better suited to a tablet, but it's pretty much the same ugly garish look with larger targets to tap. The surface feels big in the hand and because of the built in kickstand, not particularly solid. The kickstand was already broken too. The keyboard/lid (cheaper one) looks good, but was too cramped to type on effectively. Not much of an improvement over an on screen keyboard. The biggest problem I see with the RT is for the features offered, it's way expensive. Drop a $100-$150 and maybe they've got something.

I've owned a 10" tablet and used the iPad extensively, and I'm really happy with my Nexus 7. The right combination of screen size vs portability for me. I use it more because it's with me more.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones