1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tablet Dilemma. What To Get???

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by TNJ9, Jan 1, 2012.

1. TNJ9

TNJ9 Newbie
    None

Jan 1, 2012
    New Jersey
    I'm new here but I'd figure I'd join since I'm an avid Android user. But I am having issues with deciding on what tablet I'm going to get. I was hearing about the ASUS Transformer Prime since November and I thought it looked so cool and was an innovative somewhat "future proof" device that wouldn't be out-dated for a while. But now the delays are continuing and without a pre-order I likely can't pick one up in the store until mid-this month. So the question is this. Should I pick this thing up in a little while or wait until this rumored large Samsung device with the super high-res display comes out some-time this year? That device is rumored to have only a dual-core processor though so I cannot decide what to do. I plan on doing some gaming on it but mostly multimedia and music viewing along with web-browsing. On one hand, the prime sounds so inciting with the dock and stuff but I don't think I'll end up using it as much. I'm a sucker for beautiful and large displays but I like the idea of a 5-core Tegra 3 processor. Help! PS. Price is not an issue... :thinking:

Advertisement

2. darkuni

darkuni Android Enthusiast
    None

Everyone I know with a Prime friggin' LOVES it. I own the Asus TF101 and I LOVE it - and that's without Tegra 3. :)

The dock is what seals the deal for me. You can't imagine the freedom the dock gives you. The battery time, the "netbook" feel, the custom Android keyboard .. the USB devices (like joysticks).

I'd consider the Asus TF line.

TNJ9 likes this.
  3. CdTDroiD

CdTDroiD Android Enthusiast
    None

Prime hands down, even TF101 if you cant afford prime, as above, they are both awesome