• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tablet for 11-year-old?

UBRocked, many thanks for the feedback. I had a look at the specs and have gone for the Archos 70 250Gb. I looked at the 8Gb but figured that I would soon want to add some storage via a micro SD card and then I would regret not going for the 250GB. Thanks again fo the help. My son is so excited he can't wait for it to arrive.

Upvote 0
UBRocked, many thanks for the feedback. I had a look at the specs and have gone for the Archos 70 250Gb. I looked at the 8Gb but figured that I would soon want to add some storage via a micro SD card and then I would regret not going for the 250GB. Thanks again fo the help. My son is so excited he can't wait for it to arrive.

No Problem. If you are looking for a media-centric device the 250GB version is hard to beat (in fact...that level of storage is pretty much unmatched).

Once you get it, add the google market and you'll be all set.

Enjoy! :)

Upvote 0
I encode my DVD rips to 2GB or so each. Makes it easy, I can use the same file on my evo, my archos, my kids' tablets, and my HTPC. My 10 and 12 year olds have tablets. They are surprisingly good to them.

Evo and archos have 16GB cards...good for more movies than I need handy at any given time. I wouldn't mind the 250, it just wasn't out and I suck at waiting :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones