1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tablet help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by davefix, Dec 2, 2020.

1. davefix

davefix Lurker

Hi, I hope someone can help. I have recently purchased 2 Android tablets that mount onto my headrests for the car. They run Android 9. I have downloaded the Sky Go app but it won’t run on a rooted device. I get an error code of 99z I believe. I’m not very familiar with Android software so I don’t know how to fix the problem. Help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what devices do you have?

MrJavi and Dannydet like this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I believe Sky Go will only run on certain approved brand name devices, e.g. Samsung. And not on any phone or tablet that's been rooted and/or modified. A few years ago when I was in the UK, I tried it on a Chinese version Oppo with my dad's Sky account, and it wouldn't have it.

If your whatever it is tablets are no-name cheapo devices, then Sky Go is probably a no go. If they are cheapo, then they might even be rooted.

James L, PitCarver, MrJavi and 2 others like this.
  4. davefix

davefix Lurker

Attached Files:

5. davefix

davefix Lurker

Thank you. I will post a pic of the box shortly so you can see. When I try to watch something on sky it does say that the program cannot be played on a rooted device. I contacted the the company I brought them from and they said that all I need to do is update the app version but I love only just downloaded it from the play store so surely it’s the latest version?

6. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Buyer beware..
    They'll blame anything on something else

James L, ocnbrze and MrJavi like this.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I suspect the company is in China, no Sky Go here. So all they did is suggest whatever they can.

Quite frankly I think you might be SOL with these tablets and Sky Go. I know it wouldn't work on a China version Oppo phone I had.

FWIW they should be able to play any videos you've downloaded, and will work with YouTube.

#7 mikedt, Dec 2, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  8. davefix

davefix Lurker

Attached Files:

9. davefix

davefix Lurker

Attached Files:

10. mikedt

mikedt 你好

As I thought, they're no-name devices from China. I'm certain Sky Go a no go on these. You may want to contact Sky customer service and enquire about it, as to what they do actually support. As for the "rooted device" error, try a Root Checker app, and see what that reports. Some no-name devices have been known to come rooted from the factory. Or it maybe that Sky Go just can't identify a maker, for their approved devices, and it's assuming it's a rooted and modified device.

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  11. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

just wanted to say that if you are looking for something cheap, you get something cheap

Dannydet likes this.
  12. davefix

davefix Lurker

Ok. Thanks. I will give Sky a call and see if they can help in any way. I was hoping that there would be some super tech savvy person who could work some magic for me. Lol.