• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

kardar2

Lurker
Jul 6, 2013
Now I got this tablet from my daughter. She does not like it. I SEE WHY. I went to do some work on it and says no flash player. It is as bad as my galaxy note 2. Why cant the MFG make a stupid devise that you can use. Ahhhh okay I am done venting now.:banghead:

Small modification to your venting. Almost no Android device comes with Flash Player - which is why there are so many Youtube videos explaining how to put it on an Android device.

Thanks for pointing that out. People would actually be surprised what they would find by using Google, Bing, etc. ;)

I've had my 32GB TF300T & dock since last Christmas and love it. I'm running CyanogenMod and when it's clocked up to 1.8ghz, will runs circles around most of my friends tablets. Not bad for a $350 investment. :D

Upvote 0
Let's see, if a tablet is crap because it couldn't run flash, would that make just about all iPad crap? If I am not mistaken, iPad can't run flash either.

On the other hand, I kind of agree with OP. Asus did something screwy with their updates. I've had a lot of lags. I finally got fed up and install a custom ROM. Now it works well again. We shouldn't have lags with updates at all.

Reactions: wetbiker7
Upvote 0
Let's see, if a tablet is crap because it couldn't run flash, would that make just about all iPad crap? If I am not mistaken, iPad can't run flash either.

On the other hand, I kind of agree with OP. Asus did something screwy with their updates. I've had a lot of lags. I finally got fed up and install a custom ROM. Now it works well again. We shouldn't have lags with updates at all.

I agree. Thankfully there is a heckuva development section over at XDA. I wish we had a more active section here but it is what it is. Thankfully Android Forums has several other sections that I'm very active in and contain a wealth of information pertaining to those devices. The S3 section here has been keeping me busy as well as 1 of the Q/A teams I'm a member of.

It's sad that it takes a custom ROM to unlock this tablet's full potential but I'm glad that the Devs have worked their magic and released some absolutely amazing ROMs for it. Sbdags was nice enough to bring his ROM to this forum. If you guys haven't tried it yet, it's a beast!

As I mentioned earlier, my TF300T runs circles around my friend's tablets and it always puts a smile on my face when their jaws drop LOL. I usually only run it between 1.3 & 1.5 ghz and that is more than enough to run all the apps and games I have. I love this tablet and dock and have no regrets buying them.

EDIT: Loved the iPad comment too! :D

Reactions: hchen42
Upvote 0
...The S3 section here has been keeping me busy as well as 1 of the Q/A teams I'm a member of.

It's sad that it takes a custom ROM to unlock this tablet's full potential but I'm glad that the Devs have worked their magic and released some absolutely amazing ROMs for it. Sbdags was nice enough to bring his ROM to this forum. If you guys haven't tried it yet, it's a beast!

EDIT: Loved the iPad comment too! :D

Hey, I just got a S3 too.

I currently have Cromit rom on my Asus. I just want to try something other than CM. I can't wait until kitkat is availabe for this tablet. If 4.4 is indeed more streamlined. I can see this tablet being useful for another couple of years.

Upvote 0
Thanks for pointing that out. People would actually be surprised what they would find by using Google, Bing, etc. ;)

I've had my 32GB TF300T & dock since last Christmas and love it. I'm running CyanogenMod and when it's clocked up to 1.8ghz, will runs circles around most of my friends tablets. Not bad for a $350 investment. :D
How's the battery when over clocked?

I've had mine almost a year and am considering rooting it and installing a ROM.

Upvote 0
How's the battery when over clocked?

I've had mine almost a year and am considering rooting it and installing a ROM.

It's really going to depend on what ROM you use, what apps you have installed and running in the background and such. You can also install a custom kernel which I recommend. With a kernel app, you'll be able to turn it up when playing games or apps that need the extra juice or you can turn it down when just browsing the internet. I have been known to turn mine down to 1ghz or so when I'm not using it for much of anything. You also have the options of selecting a governor and I/O which will help out greatly on power usage. You can set it to on-demand and it will only crank up the processors when you need them. There is a lot of info on that so I won't go into it any further.

There is a lot of reading you'll need to do in order to get to the point where you'll feel comfortable. Don't worry either....... those of us who have been around awhile and know these things also had to start where you're at and learn. If you have any questions, please feel free to use the PM option. I'll be more then happy to help you out or point you in the right direction. OK. :)

Once you root your tablet and get a good custom ROM on it, you will finally be able to see what the TF300T can truly do. The stock ROM does this tablet no justice at all. Sad but true. This tablet is indeed a very nice device. As I've said before, I am very happy I bought mine and would do it again knowing what I know now. :D

Reactions: biancoceleste
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones