• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help tablet is using more current than your charger is able to provide error

You should use the charger that came with the tablet (or a similar charger with the proprietary HTC plug). The proprietary plugs used by HTC on many of their devices work with a micro USB plug/cable, but less voltage is passed through due to the design. If you use the proprietary USB cable that came with the tablet along with any random USB wall plug, it will charge, but it will charge much more slowly than using the included charger.

Upvote 0
You should use the charger that came with the tablet (or a similar charger with the proprietary HTC plug). The proprietary plugs used by HTC on many of their devices work with a micro USB plug/cable, but less voltage is passed through due to the design. If you use the proprietary USB cable that came with the tablet along with any random USB wall plug, it will charge, but it will charge much more slowly than using the included charger.

When I first saw this thread I was thinking of replying with the same reply, but I got the same error when using the HTC provided plug, plugged into the wall and since it's a single unit, you can't confuse it for a different device that can double as a USB cable. I still managed to get the same error. I turned off my Wifi, and exited a few programs and then disconnected and reconnected the device. That seems to have resolved the issue.

Upvote 0
When I first saw this thread I was thinking of replying with the same reply, but I got the same error when using the HTC provided plug, plugged into the wall and since it's a single unit, you can't confuse it for a different device that can double as a USB cable. I still managed to get the same error. I turned off my Wifi, and exited a few programs and then disconnected and reconnected the device. That seems to have resolved the issue.

Interesting. I haven't had that issue pop up.

Upvote 0
I hardly ever use the OEM HTC cable and haven't had that error. I use the cable for my EVO 4G so I can use it for both devices as needed. I do know that the View will not keep ahead with charging if you are doing it from a USB port. You can charge it that way if it's off but if it's on it will drain faster. If all I have is USB or a car charger it's still better than not plugging in at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones