• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

David Devoy

Sep 9, 2016
I left my 2 year old Samsung 10 inch tablet on standby last night. This morning the screen is blank and it won't respond to the power button at all. Short push, long push, push and hold for 2 minutes ... nothing. Power button and "volume up" together .... nothing.

I know it is live because it beeps when I push in the charging cable but the screen does not respond.

Any sugestions beyond pull the back off and disconnect the battery to force a hard re-set?

Is it possible the touch screen has just chucked it in overnight?

Any help gratefully received,
David.

I left my 2 year old Samsung 10 inch tablet on standby last night. This morning the screen is blank and it won't respond to the power button at all. Short push, long push, push and hold for 2 minutes ... nothing. Power button and "volume up" together .... nothing.

I know it is live because it beeps when I push in the charging cable but the screen does not respond.

Any sugestions beyond pull the back off and disconnect the battery to force a hard re-set?

Is it possible the touch screen has just chucked it in overnight?

Any help gratefully received,
David.
which sammy device do you have exactly?

here are some troubleshooting steps:
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001470/

or this:
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/android-phone-tablet-turn/

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
From a seach around the internet this seems to be a fairly common issue with Samsung tablets.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2016 SM-T580, On but no picture on screen

You need to open up the tablet (very carefully as the screen is very fragile) This may take 15 / 20 minutes.

Then disconnect the battery ribbon cabel and screen ribbon cable then re- seat both properly. (and very carefully).

I'm not desperately keen on opening the thing up but it seems like there is no other option.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I can now confirm that following the proceedure in the video above fixed the issue I had with the unresponsive Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) T580 (10.1 inch).

I disconnected the battery ribbon cable, disconnected the screen ribbon cable, reconnected the screen ribbon cable then reconnected the battery ribbon cable. My original idea of simply disconnectingthe battery and reconnecting it to "break a software loop" did now work. I have no idea why it is necessary to do both cables. Something to do with how the screen ribbon cable is seated, perhaps. Perhaps somebody with more tech know how than me can explain what is going on. All I know is my tablet is now talking to me agaon.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
I can now confirm that following the proceedure in the video above fixed the issue I had with the unresponsive Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) T580 (10.1 inch).

I disconnected the battery ribbon cable, disconnected the screen ribbon cable, reconnected the screen ribbon cable then reconnected the battery ribbon cable. My original idea of simply disconnectingthe battery and reconnecting it to "break a software loop" did now work. I have no idea why it is necessary to do both cables. Something to do with how the screen ribbon cable is seated, perhaps. Perhaps somebody with more tech know how than me can explain what is going on. All I know is my tablet is now talking to me agaon.
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx for posting your solution......you are braver then i am. i would have never attempted to open things up like that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones