1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tablet now or wait?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Pr3dict, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Pr3dict

Pr3dict Lurker

So I've been looking for a new tablet that will be used in my car for navigation as well as for movies sometimes.

I know the tab s2 is the newest android tablet but I'm not a huge fan of the 4:3 aspect ratio.

Should I wait a few more months for something or is this or for games and price the Nvidia shield the way to go?

Looking for lte on Verizon if possible unless a good reason I wouldn't want to do that.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. androidmachine

androidmachine Android Enthusiast

My advice would be to get what you want now. I don't know of any clear reason to wait. The problem with waiting is that you can always say, "Maybe I should wait," and never end up buying a tablet. A tablet is not a lifetime purchase. It's not like buying a house or a car. And in a year, I can guarantee you there will be one bigger and better. And the year after that the same. Tech is fluid. If you want a tablet now, then buy one.

psionandy likes this.
  3. Pr3dict

Pr3dict Lurker

Good point. So tab s2 or Nvidia shield tablet

4. androidmachine

androidmachine Android Enthusiast

If it were me, I'd get the Shield, but that is personal preference for me. I honestly can't say that I know anything about the S2. Samsung complicates things by producing cheap tablets also called "Tabs" so I never know which is which. I've seen the specs on the Shield and they look pretty good to me.