1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tablet purchase

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sharpe750, Jun 12, 2011.

1. sharpe750

sharpe750 Lurker
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    Hi.

Just registered so I hope I'm posting this in the correct section.

I'm looking at getting rid of my laptop and buying a cheap Android tablet but I've looked on ebay, chinagrabber etc and there are loads to choose from.......I'm confused and don't know which to go for. I bought my Wife an ipad for Christmas and prefer the makeup of it as opposed to a laptop particularly for what I would use it for.

I want a 10" tablet and will mainly be using it for web browsing with maybe a bit of Word, Excell viewing/writing now and again so it doesn't have to be a massive spec. I'm looking at spending no more than

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    I'll give you one word of advice: Don't buy a cheap-o chinese knock off tablet. Those things are known to have problems, and they will never have their software updated by the manufacturer.

Also, make sure you get a tablet that has at least android 2.2, so you can run flash.

3. sharpe750

sharpe750 Lurker
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    Thanks for the response. I've been looking at the 2.2 as I have an Android phone and know a little bit about it.

I was thinking about getting the Ibex Flytouch 3 which runs 2.2 Froyo and has the better battery. Chinagrabber are doing it for

4. No_u

No_u Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 4, 2010
    399 for the Eee Pad Transformer is not that much and you will get so much bang for your buck. The cheapo's will probably have slow processors which means using it won't be fun at all. Things will probably run slow and not work as advertised.

5. cooldude1

cooldude1 Newbie
    None

May 23, 2011
    Student
    look at the acer iconia. its got a little on the $ side but its beyond every penny. epecially if you are going to be replacing your laptop, this will probably be your best bet by far.

6. sharpe750

sharpe750 Lurker
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    Thanks guys. Very much appreciated.

;)