1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tablet shows up in device manger, but still can't access it.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cheykenzie, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Cheykenzie

Cheykenzie Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2014
    Female
    I have a Visual Land Prestige 7G, and am running Windows 8 x64 on my PC. I have installed adb, and fastboot (to the best of my knowledge). The tablet shows up in device manager as "Android > Android ADB Interface", but not in This PC (my Computer). I still cannot access it from my PC. I'm about ready to pull my hair out with this thing!

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Welcome to Android Forums.

I moved this thread to the forum where tables are discussed that don't have a dedicated forum. This is the best place to find other users of this tablet.

... Thom

3. Cheykenzie

Cheykenzie Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2014
    Female
    Thanks, but I'm not sure if the problem is due to the model of the tablet, or a more general problem. That's why I posted it where I did. :)

4. boathead

boathead Android Enthusiast
    None

May 26, 2013
    usually when a general question gets moved, it gets moved to die. not sure why so many get moved, but it does explain why i don't spend much time here anymore.

not sure where in your settings you should look, but see if usb debugging is checked. on my device it is located in developer's options. if so, uncheck it. another thing you could look for is usb connections, and see that mtf is checked.

another thing to try is to download an app to your computer, not your device, called usbdeview. with your device NOT plugged into your computer, run the usbdeview and uninstall whatever looks like it might be associated with your device. Then, close that out, plug your device into your computer, and let the device install from scratch its drivers.

that is what i'd try in order. good luck.

Cheykenzie likes this.