1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tablet sleeps like a 3 year old since upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by greeder, Aug 13, 2012.

1. greeder

greeder Newbie

So an 4.0.3 upgrade to the OS was pushed. Before the upgrade I just tapped the power button and the device would go to sleep. Then another tap woke it up, ready to go. Now, after the upgrade, when I tap the power button I get a dialog asking if I want to power down. If I reply "no", the tablet goes to sleep. For a short while. Then it starts to flash it's screen at me: Turn on, go dim, go off. Rinse and repeat.
    I guess the tablet want's to be off between uses? But that forces me to sit through a restart when I turn it back on.
    Anyone else seeing this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mrhelper

Mrhelper Well-Known Member

What you describe may be a hardware problem, where the power button may be sticking or shorted. It seems worth trying the available resets before getting hardware service though. I suggest starting with the hardware reset (pinhole). If that does not work, back up any files that you wish to keep to external storage, then go to Settings > Backup & reset and perform a Factory data reset.

greeder likes this.
  3. greeder

greeder Newbie

You may be right. Because it's behaving correctly now. I just just assumed that it was related to the OS upgrade.

4. lifesignz

lifesignz Newbie

I used to have this problem until I did a factory reset.

Acer Iconia Tab A200 Forum

The Acer Iconia Tab A200 release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 2MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor, and 3260mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews