• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tablet stuck at 1% charging

OvidiuHiei

Lurker
Apr 26, 2016
Hi all I bought a tablet yesterday so its BRAND NEW, now it was working just fine untill some hours ago, when it prompted me with 1% charging, i put it to charge and it continued at 1% tried different places to let it charge and still at 1%..after 30m of charing it was still at 1% and i decided to take off the charger and wait untill it shuts down and it sit at 1% without charger but it stayed like that for like 30-40m which is not notmal, since it had a game opened, so either the tablet shows incorrect % of charging or it has something wrong and i should go change it at the store?
the tablet is a Acer Iconia Tab 10

Simple 14 days cool off period if the device is faulty or your not happy with the device with any main brand in the uk or us you have a 14 day cool of period on contracts. And have a 6 to 12 month replacement or repair services/shop exchange. even on second hand items you should have the cool off period or a 30 day warranty on the devices. this ruling comes under the retail resales terms created in 90's this covers the customer ass and also the retailer from selling dodgy products.

Warning Do not let the store flog you off on saying O please contact the manufacturer of this device were just the retailer of the device. This is against the trading standards ruling and against the law in the US, Canada and the UK. I myself work for a large Korean moblie phone provider and a UK network company So know retailing information for the places we retail the devices. I hope this Helps and i do hope you get a result with this matter

Reactions: hiredgun
Upvote 0
hi guys, thanks for the answers here is a little update
i left the tablet charing overnight while OFF, and it charged to 100% and now im playing on it normally, and it went to 74% after playing on it and i put the charger back on and it says is charging but it doesnt change from 67%, doesnt go lower and doesn't go higher

Upvote 0
Hmm the device seems to have a charging fault on the unit at present. My suggestion due to you purchasing the device 2 to 3 days ago the device is faulty produce i have suggested in my past post that i would return this to store. But there are several things you can check before returning.
1. Ensure the usb is clear of dust and debris.
2. Ensure that the power supply and cable are working. ( you can do this buy testing this on another device.)
3. Try using a different power port eg different plug socket with the device.
4. Test the usb cable and AC plug with another device.
5. Try charging the device when power is turned off
6. Try connecting the tablet to a PC or laptop.
But to be honest I would not both even doing all this testing on the tablet as you are in your full rights as a customer to take the product back to the retailer you purchased it from. I would understand if you purchased this as a second hand unit or from ebay or amazon. As often i have purchased faulty products from both sites. I do hope you get this fault sorted.
If you have further problem please feel free to post another message on the forum for suggested help. I will try to look into your fault personally and will contact any retailer to see if i can gain information on the product. If you could included the brand of the product and the model id , this will help me to look into any private databases or communicate with the manufactuer on this issue and also be able to research if this device is known for this fault.

Upvote 0
After a quick search as i noticed after posting my last post you included the brand and the model im sorry for this firstly what i get when i quickly glance at the post i done a quick 5 minute research on the tablet and YES this is a known fault with the device i have found this information for you to help you a link is includeds below for you

https://www.ifixit.com/Wiki/Acer_Iconia_A110_Troubleshooting

i hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones