• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tablet with camera

sheathro

Lurker
Aug 6, 2013
Hi everyone,
I too have got a chinese tablet, actually 5. The problem I have is the camera works on the screen side but there is no button on the app to change to the non screen side. My first thoght was to get another android system on it and after a week (or 10 days of total frustration) all I have managed to root the system and thats it. I have deleted the camera app and tried a few on google play to see if that made a difference but no.
My other thought is it could be the tablet itself but I can't imagine it being all 5.
I am out of ideas but have learnt a fair bit so far. What I don't get is why you can't put a diffrent android system on these stupid things. Has anyone got any ideas?
By the way have spent a fair bit of time on this forum looking through it and have learnt a bit already. Great forum!

Hi sheathro welcome to AF. :)

One possibility, especially as these are Chinese devices. They might not actually have a rear facing camera, could just be a dummy lens. If there's only one camera, you won't see the option to switch them.

Suggest you try Antutu Benchmark, that will tell you how many cameras are actually present in the tablets, and what their resolutions are.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antutu.ABenchMark

Upvote 0
Hello, would you please tell me how can I attach the personal information after posting the Thread and also won't let my account to be blocked, such as your signature:
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones