• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tablet with slot loading DVD?

bkenobi69

Jul 10, 2012
I am looking for a Tablet for my camper. I already have a DVD/CD player built into it with RCA output, but I don't think there's any way of using it other than with an LCD panel/TV. I would rather have a tablet that could play DVD or Blu-ray so I could take it on plane trips too. I've found a few options on Amazon etc that are 9" screens with a clam shell style loader, but they seem kinda clunky and a bit small. I'm hoping to find something closer to 12-15" but I'm having a heck of a time finding anything.

FWIW, I'm not positive this approach will work out since the speakers on Android devices are pretty weak and I have nice speakers in the camper. I'm not sure if there's a good way to feed the audio back out to those. If not, I'll probably end up with a smaller tablet/DVD combo and a LCD panel/TV in the camper.

a tablet that could play DVD or Blu-ray...
I've found a few options on Amazon etc that are 9"...
I'm hoping to find something closer to 12-15"...
the speakers on Android devices are pretty weak and I have nice speakers in the camper.
A basic $250 laptop sounds like it would work, I doubt there are many 12-15" tablets with built in DVD..

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones