1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Take a picture of your Target receipt

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by steve, Jul 7, 2016.

1. steve

steve Developer
    Administrator Thread Starter

The other day I went shopping at Target. About 20 min after I checked out I got a survey that asked if I was willing to take a picture of my Target receipt. I said yes, and then snapped a picture. It failed to send correctly but ensured me that they would try to ask me again later so I could get my credit. They never did. :(

Anyone else happen to get a survey like this? How much money is it worth?

Google stated that it will help Google search results... I wonder how specifically?

Advertisement

2. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Android Expert

I had a similar survey after shopping at Publix and had the same problem. I don't know if it credited or not.

steve likes this.
  3. steve

steve Developer

I am pretty sure that I did NOT get any credit for my failed upload.

4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

I'm curious about this. Are you saying after you left a Target store the Google Rewards app popped up requesting a photo of your receipt? I wasn't even aware Google Rewards was partnered up with any retail chain. Sounds more like spam.

5. steve

steve Developer

That is pretty much what happened.

I mean before it always asks about shipping experiences about recently visited stores ...Google pretty much knows.

6. svim

I should have clarified -- was it indeed the Google Rewards app, or was it a browser or a texting popup?

7. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

I get rewards asking for ratings for places ice just gone, but never anything that specific.

8. steiny180

steiny180 Android Enthusiast

Now you know why it's called Google Rewards. Google was just rewarded...

9. svim

But the OP has yet to confirm or deny that this is indeed a Google Rewards issue, or a popup in his browser or texting app. Unless someone else can confirm that Google Rewards is now linking into retail chains like Target.

10. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Android Expert

It is from the Google Rewards App. I've gotten a couple of them wanting me to upload my receipt. Haven't had one upload successfully yet. Funny enough I got one today while waiting in line to check out at Wal-mart.

steve likes this.