• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Take a Screen Shot (no root)

Upvote 0
I don't think there's any app that allows you to take screen shots without root... the only other way I know is by using DDMS from the Android SDK .

Just download the android sdk and install it In the tools folder is ddms.bat, with your phone connected to your desktop double click it and you will get a screenshot.

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Java Programming

Upvote 0
I don't think there's any app that allows you to take screen shots without root

Actually there is. When I was fiddling around with launchers on my Intercept, I ran across one of them that had a screenshot option that actually worked on a non rooted phone. Normally this isn't possible on the Intercept without using the SDK method... but for the life of me I cannot remember which launcher app does this.

Upvote 0
I use "Screen Shot It", which I'm not rooted, on my Atrix and it works great. Very simple and easy to use. Worth the money. (Forgot how much.)

I believe this doesn't work with an un-rooted HTC Desire HD.
Can anyone confirm this as i'm not willing to pay for it if it doesn't work on my phone

I don't know but at the AM that's what it's called, "No-root Screenshot It" by Edward Kim. Hope this helps.:)

Thanks but this is the one that you have to re-install after every reboot.

Pep

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones