1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Take me back to 2.3.4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TetsuroDark, Sep 25, 2011.

1. TetsuroDark

TetsuroDark Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    PA
    Hey All.
    I'm new to posting so bare with me. I got My Nexus S a few days after it was first released from Sprint. it's my First android phone. One Thing I loved was making my own portable hot spot at work because I'm right next to a sprint tower and all the Verizon people get practically no service. I would make a hotspot for them to leech off of.
    When I updated to 2.3.5 The first thing I noticed was that My coworkers could no longer access my hotspot. . . This is very unfortunate because I sold my wife on the Nexus phone on the premise that She'd be able to link her laptop to it's wireless network. Now I look like a liar and an @$$H0L3!

So my question is, "What is the easiest way to get our phones back to version 2.3.4?"

Advertisement

2. Guamguy

Guamguy Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Check the security settings on the mobile wifi hotspot, or see if there is any password.

3. Guamguy

Guamguy Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Are you sure you are not in Android 2.3.6? There has been reports that the update broke the tethering. If your wife bought the phone, tell her not to apply the update.

Note there is another new update for the Nexus S 4G, which is Android 2.3.7. It may fix some of the problems from previous updates.

4. Guamguy

Guamguy Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    The new update to Android 2.3.6 for the Nexus S 4G is breaking the MIFI hotspot. A new fix is now being issued out. This new build has the same name as the old one but it is ended with the letter F. This will restore the MIFI hotspot.

5. TetsuroDark

TetsuroDark Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    PA
    Really? So, I'll be able to create a hot spot again and have people connect to it?

6. chicago_cws

chicago_cws Lurker
    None

Nov 5, 2009
    I got an update on my nexus one today and it broke my wifi hotspot. Turns out that I just needed to set up the ssid and password again. Maybe it is that simple for you.

7. TetsuroDark

TetsuroDark Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    PA
    I just upgraded to 2.3.7 What happens is I can make the hotspot and someone else can connect to it. But When they get on the internet it comes up "webpage unavailable" Apperently they can connect to the hotspot, Sprint (or Android) just made it so that my phone can't send or receive data. . .
    it looks like this was intentional and will not be fixed :-(

Tags: