1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

take pic, add location and notes. How to do this?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by boatman, Mar 14, 2011.

1. boatman

boatman Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    I am looking at houses. I want to take a picture of the house. Ideally, it would log the address. Then I could enter in some notes.

After I am done looking, I would have pictures in my gallery that would tell me where the house was and what my thoughts were. After looking at 6 houses in a day, this would help job my memory.

Even if I could just add notes to the picture, I could type in the address, but it would be better if the gps just added it.

Anyone know of anything like this. I gotta believe that with people looking at real estate, this app would be terrific.

Advertisement

2. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Does your device's camera app not have geotagging? That doesn't address adding notes but it should tag your photos with the location. Granted, it's latitude/longitude and not the address itself. Even with GPS accuracy at its best it is possible for the address to be ambiguous.

3. boatman

boatman Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    There is a way to turn on gps for pictures. not sure how that shows up on the pic, but assumed it was lat/lon. That is not really useful. Was hoping that somehow it would have address.

Can add address via notes, but haven't found a way to add a note when i take a picture.

4. regression

regression Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Male
    Memphis, TN
    Sounds like a job for Evernote. You can create a new "snapshot" note. It will let you take a picture and automatically record the location (not sure if it is physical address or lat / log). You can then add your notes. All is synced to their servers, so you can view the pictures either from the Evernote app on your phone or their website or their desktop client.

5. sssteve72

sssteve72 Member
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    Professional Meeting Avoider
    Indiana
    Agreed... Evernote is awesome.