• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

take songs off Google listen

ksc6000

Mar 31, 2010
How do you take the actual MP3 files off the nexus one (or any android device) when you download them from a podcast manager like Google listen? When I download podcast on my computer, they usually are in C:\documents and settings \user\my documents\my music. So I can take the MP3 files and move them to wherever I want. How do I find these files on my phone after having downloaded them through Google listen ?

This may have been posted elsewhere but this is how I transfer my podcasts from my phone to my pc. It's very simple, since audacity supports .aup files (google listen) just download Audacity (free) and set your phone to mass storage mode. Then simply open the podcast in audacity and then select File>Export as MP3 and rename the file to whatever and save. It will re-encode it and you will have an MP3 version of the podcast!

I do this because I do not have a reliable internet connection where I am currently staying, so most of my podcasts come from my phone while I'm within range of an open wifi connection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones