1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

General Take the TB pledge!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by theacoustician, Feb 25, 2011.

1. theacoustician

theacoustician Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    I, the undersigned, do hereby promise to do the following:

1. I will stop complaining about the release date. Complaining doesn't solve anything and no one wants to read my whining.
    2. If I feel the TB is no longer worth the wait, I will stop posting about it. No one cares that I'm now going to get an iPhone/Revolution/Bionic. If I do decide to get another phone, I'll post about it in that phone's subform and not here.
    3. I will stop trashing Verizon, HTC, and/or Best Buy. Venting my impotent Internet rage improves nothing. Everyone is anxious and annoyed, but my attitude is contagious, be it negative or positive.
    4. I will stop harassing retail outlets about the release. Asking once a day for updates is fine. Getting on the phone/chat or bombarding the employees in person of these places repeatedly in a single day doesn't get me the phone faster. It just makes me seem like a douche. Threating legal action makes me seem like a mega-douche.
    5. I will stop posting, linking, or discussing unsubstantiated rumors, "news", or general stupidity with no basis in fact. If there is some kind of hard proof behind something, I shall post it immediately. If it's random noise from the Internet echo chamber, I will ignore it.
    6. If I go have concrete proof on how to get a Thunderbolt, I will share it will this forum IMMEDIATELY.

I pledge on my life and Thunderbolt to do all of the above to the best of my ability, so say we all.

Advertisement

2. theacoustician

None

Feb 18, 2011
    If you'd like an edit or addition to the above, let me know.

3. theacoustician

None

Feb 18, 2011
    I, the undersigned, do hereby promise to do the following:

1. I will stop complaining about the release date. Complaining doesn't solve anything and no one wants to read my whining.
    2. If I feel the TB is no longer worth the wait, I will stop posting about it. No one cares that I'm now going to get an iPhone/Revolution/Bionic. If I do decide to get another phone, I'll post about it in that phone's subform and not here.
    3. I will stop trashing Verizon, HTC, and/or Best Buy. Venting my impotent Internet rage improves nothing. Everyone is anxious and annoyed, but my attitude is contagious, be it negative or positive.
    4. I will stop harassing retail outlets about the release. Asking once a day for updates is fine. Getting on the phone/chat or bombarding the employees in person of these places repeatedly in a single day doesn't get me the phone faster. It just makes me seem like a douche. Threating legal action makes me seem like a mega-douche.
    5. I will stop posting, linking, or discussing unsubstantiated rumors, "news", or general stupidity with no basis in fact. If there is some kind of hard proof behind something, I shall post it immediately. If it's random noise from the Internet echo chamber, I will ignore it.
    6. If I go have concrete proof on how to get a Thunderbolt, I will share it will this forum IMMEDIATELY.

I pledge on my life and Thunderbolt to do all of the above to the best of my ability, so say we all.

theacoustician

4. atrain311

atrain311 Android Expert
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    Male
    1st-grade Teacher & Adjunct Professor
    Queensbury, NY
    I agree with so much of what you wrote, but in defense of the "rumors" some of them came to fruition. Everyone ripped on anyone who said they heard from someone that the phone was going to be delayed past the twenty-first and look what happened.

I think we are all adult enough and have the right to come to a forum, read what is there and make up our own minds. Thanks for the humorous read though.

But yes, complaining isn't going to help other that to vent of course.

5. theacoustician

None

Feb 18, 2011
    You know it's totally serious when I say "I swear on my life" ;)

6. Papadroid

Papadroid Android Expert
    None

Jan 21, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    That just literally made me laught out loud. I'm so glad I have a private office with the door closed.

7. atrain311

atrain311 Android Expert
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    Male
    1st-grade Teacher & Adjunct Professor
    Queensbury, NY
    Don't get me wrong, I felt there was a level of tongue and cheek going on here, but at the same time, I'm shocked as to how much of the so called BS stuff turned out to be legit and realistically, some of the stuff that we got from our credible sources turned out wrong. This whole thing is a serious head scratcher. Ugh.

8. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Male
    Senior nuclear reactor operator
    Pittsburgh, PA
  9. theacoustician

None

Feb 18, 2011
    Correlation does not imply causation

10. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Android Expert
    None

Jun 23, 2010
    Virginia
    Really, though, talking (arguing) to death whose fault it is isn't going to release the phone any sooner. It's something we may never know for sure, and we'll probably forget about once the phone is out.

But I, for one, still blame WhackJobs. :)

11. jaydroid88

jaydroid88 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Student (Business)
    Los Angeles, CA
    I Prawmise!!!!!

12. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    The language and spirit of this thread is beyond our site rules.

Mod staff will determine posting rights, in accordance with those rules.

And staff doesn't care who's getting frustrated over what.

Watch the language, period.