1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Takeover: Files by Google default media

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thetalk, Sep 25, 2020.

1. thetalk

thetalk Lurker

Hello,
    I just got my Moto g7 power a couple of days ago. I see that when I'm in my app drawer, there is a file manager called "Files", but I can't access it. There is another "Files" by Google also. That one seems to be taking over, and uses itself to play my mp3 files. Yes, it's weird, the "files" app is a media player too, and I've confirmed that by shutting down the files app, and the music stops.
    I've added a different media player, and reset the preferences, and it says "No defaults set" under "Other defaults". I don't know why I can't set my own default media player. Please help if you know the secret! Thank you.
    Thetalk

2. thetalk

thetalk Lurker

Oh my gosh, I just answered my own question! If you disable the "Files by Google" app, and ignore the doom and gloom warnings it gives you about doing so, And then installing a simple file manager app from the play store, then all is well. Hope this can help someone else with the same or similar question.

moto g(7) power Forum

The moto g(7) power release date was February 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 3/4GB RAM, Snapdragon 632 processor, and 5000mAh battery.

February 2019
Release Date
Reviews