• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Taking a picture causes the phone to crash

Helios885

Lurker
Dec 21, 2012
Hi all, anyone else suffering from this problem? My phone is stock, and I'm having zero issues aside from this. Whether I'm in 2d or 3d mode, my phone will randomly hard lock and reboot after snapping a picture. The screen will go black, then in ~10 seconds it reboots. It's not all the time, but enough that it's become an issue in my 2 days of owning it so far. Any thoughts or ideas are welcomed, I can't seem to find much with my google-fu on this problem... Edit: Seems it's related to the flash also - with camera flash off, I'm not getting this problem at all.

As it's only been two days, I would suggest factory resetting your phone. Remember, all of your pictures will still be saved to your SD card, so that is not a problem. If that doesn't fix the problem, I suggest returning it also, since I haven't had this problem; nor have I heard of it.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies! It seems that the battery is at fault - now that I've had a chance to cycle the battery's charge, I haven't had the issue. Before I cycled it, it would run to 75% on the indicator and then hold there before dropping to 30% a few hours later, so I doubt I was getting an accurate reading. Let it run itself out and full charge twice now, and all good at the moment. I did see two other people on a similar forum with a different model of HTC phones experience the same thing, so I guess I'm added to that list as well.

Upvote 0
I've had this problem forever on the original ego 4G. I'd snap a pic and randomly it would freeze for ten seconds like you said, then reboot. That gets annoying really quick.

I've been out of contract for 4 months and decided to switch to virgin mobile. I really hope my new ego v doesn't start acting the fool.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones