1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Taking Gingerbread ROMed D2 to Verizon store

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ospring87, May 30, 2011.

1. ospring87

ospring87 Lurker
    None

May 30, 2011
    I will be needidng to brreak off of a family plan onto my own plan soon and have a Droid 2 that I put the leaked Gingerbread onto. Now I'm hesitant since I know they may need to look at my phone while I'm at the verizon store for some reason. Will they do anything when they see its now the stock os and if so any clue what they could do?

Advertisement

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    had to move the thread to the d2 root section, since your rooted with the gb rom, your answer should be answered quickly.

i know that when you take a phone to verizon stores, if they see its been rooted and romed(trust me they will know) most of them there either have droids, and do the same thing we do, and under contract obligations they cannot touch your phone to perform maintenance on it, that is where this community comes in handy.

if your movie from a family plan to your own, there is no need to go to a verizon store, all you need to do, is just call them and let them know, and they will move you themselves, they will never need to look at your phone. *(unless you have an issue with the phone)

3. k.c.cole

k.c.cole Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    Technical Support Trainer
    Colorado
    All Clear: Verizon WILL Allow Unlocked Bootloaders on Their Network | Android Support | Android-Support.com | Support,Reviews, News, Applications, Games and New Releases|

4. RJT185

RJT185 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    That doesn't apply to this particular situation.

ospring, like voided mentioned, you can do that switch without having to "show" your phone. If you were to need maintenance or service done to your phone I suggest SBF'ing back to stock and then going in. You can always flash back to GB afterwards.

5. reinert012

reinert012 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 25, 2010
    To be safe...Do a nandroid back up, SBF to stock (nandroid will remain untouched on SD card), and bring it in to VZW.

When you are good to go and back home, reroot using the 1 2 3 method, and restore nandroid.