• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

taking notes with voice?

InGearX

Android Enthusiast
Aug 1, 2011
say your hands are .. dirty .. they are in oil grease .. working on car or so mechanics.. or your are painting .. or your eyes are also busy .. driving or anything like that..

and an idea/note comes to mind.. you want to note it down..

what would be a way to take a voice to text note of it?

I imagine pressing one button to activate the listening or so on the phone would still be acceptable..

some app that do this?

please advise..

Setup Google Now to pickup "OK Google" on the lockscreen and take a note from there.
Or, if you want to do it with the screen off and you don't have a Moto X, check out Open Mic+.

hmm matehelp me out a bit

so i said

'OK Google"

then I said "take a note"

or what should I say?

and where will the note be stored?

thank you ..

Upvote 0
you might try:

system settings>language and input> (here, make sure google voice typing is checked.

then, click the settings icon next to google voice typing, and choose your language. i have mine set to automatic. but if you take it off of automatic, i think you can then download your language for offine use.

Upvote 0
I haven't heard of Google Now working off line, but you never know.

A different approach-get tasker (paid) and autovoice plugin (paid) and autoshare plugin (free), then you have lots of options for voice input on later versions of android (works on my 4.3), including very intelligent hotword detection and similar tools in autovoice. Not very tough to recreate note.to self functionality passing through auto voice to tasker and ending up shared to Google keep or your favorite note app. And a lot more. But If you've never used tasker, be prepared to spend some time learning. I'd look at the pocketables tutorial on autovoice to see how to use it...also gives you an idea of its flexibility

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones