1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

taking photo without intention

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I recently updated my samsung phone. Now the phone camera flashes without my doing anything. Almost like it is taking a photo without my permission. I am aware that certain apps give that permission, but I have been careful not to approve of any of those apps. I suspect that the recent update is responsible, but can't remove those apps. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    First time I heard of that particular bug, although there are enough of them to make Orkin rich. Depending on the model of your phone, and your ability and willingness to take a risk, you may be able to flash an earlier firmware. Look on SamMobile Firmwares (enter the model NUMBER of the phone, not the name). Look for a firmware for your country or your carrier. Putting in the wrong firmware could kill your phone.

3. ErinGoBragh

ErinGoBragh Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 15, 2013
    Female
    Grad Student
    Massachusetts, USA
    Check that you don't have flash notifications turned on. This an accessibility feature for those with hearing loss/impairment.

Settings > My device > Accessibility > Hearing > Flash notification

Uncheck this box or your phone will flash every time you get a call, text, email or other notification.

teddyearp likes this.