• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Taking picture of homescreen without any programs

dye999

Lurker
Sep 7, 2011
This werid thing happened to me one day in which everytime I pushed the hold button it would flash and take a pic of my home screen. It wasn't intended and I couldn't return it to normal function so I restarted the phone. I thought this was a normal ability of andriod phones given that all the Apple products could do it. When I wanted to actually take a pic of my homescreen I googled it and found that you needed a program called Sdk? So what happened , how come I was able to do this without any program? I got htc sensation 4g

Like a lot of others, I was almost offended by the comments in a few of the other threads in this forums on this issue, as I know without question that I wasn't pressing the power button & know the case wasn't either.

Although I consider myself a fairly advanced user, I REALLY like androidforums.com specifically because people are courteous & helpful to each other, even to beginners, which isn't the case on other forums that i'll leave nameless.

In any event, I have noticed that my home button usually resumes its normal function if i press the power button (short presses) on & off 3 or 4 times, which is a lot easier/quicker than rebooting.

Hope this helps others & again very politely ask that we all keep androidforums.com the polite & helpful forum where even noobs will be comfortable asking questions. ;)

Reactions: MooseJaw
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones