• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Taking Screenshots - Droid X

I am running Windows XP SP3 - and am trying to run Android SDK to take screenshots. I have been trying for a few hours now, and am getting nowhere, even when following tutorials.. I have also tried rooting my X to use some of the screenshot apps, but those aren't working either.. A friend of mine has a Thunderbolt and just has to hit a couple keys, does the droid X have this?

Thanks in advance,

JakeHankins

Edit: I now have it working :)
Forum can be deleted.

Unfortunately the Droid X, like most android phones, doesn't have a built in screen capture function.

It's been a while since I used the SDK for screen capture, the only advice I can have on that is make sure you have the correct Motorola USB drivers installed and have to correct version of the SDK files for your phone (Froyo, GB, etc).

Rooting your phone is the best way for screen cap in my opinion. Of course after the GB update, the DX is a little harder to root, but not impossible. The best root app for screen cap is ShootMe. Once it's run, you just shake your phone to create a screen cap of the current screen. For some reason it isn't currently in the Market. I sent a msg to the dev to see what happened. Probably just a temporary Market error.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones