1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Taking the LEAP! Questions!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Stickboy, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Stickboy

Stickboy Newbie

Hi,
    It has been a LONG LONG time, researching phones and reading and thinking and beating my head against the wall.
    I waited till I could see and feel a Nexus and then compare the GNEX, the 4s, the Rezound and the Razr.
    After looking at them all I am ready to commit to buying the Rezound.

My remaining questions are few.
    • How scratch resistant is the glass? I hate screen protectors!
    • I like the idea of Smart Actions I guess this is only on Razr? Is there a way to do this on the Rez?
    • Did anything ever come out of those Audio complaints on the Rez? Isolated issue?
    I am upgrading from a LG Dare. Yes, this is a big leap.
    Ps. I hate angry birds!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

That is a leap that deserves your time and research. I have carried my Rez in my pocket daily since release day. I too hate screen protectors. I can see zero scratches on my screen. I do have a designated phone pocket that nothing else shares. I'm unfamiliar with the "smart actions" of the Razr so I can't help you there.
    I have experienced zero problems with the audio on the Rez. I migrated from a Dinc and find the Rez speaker quality and volume to exceed that of the prior device.
    Good luck.

Stickboy likes this.
  3. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

I carry around my phone in an Otterbox Defender series which completely protects the phone. It does add quite a bit of bulk to the phone but it protects it from just about any scenario. When I am using the phone heavily, I have no problem peeling off the otterbox so that it can breathe easier. No scratches on the screen to speak of but the otterbox has a built in screen protector on it.

Smart Actions sounds like a Motorola thing. If you can describe what it does, I bet there is a similar app out in the market, also I found this post http://androidforums.com/android-ap...s-like-motorola-smart-actions-not-tasker.html (Nice when you can google something and it actually opens up an Android Forums article! :D )

What audio complaints are you referring to? I don't really notice anything when I have the Beats earphones plugged in. Granted I have some MP3s that aren't recorded in the best quality thus I know what to expect. I would say it's an isolated issue (unlike the connectivity and battery issues of the Nexus ;) )

And I am indifferent when it comes to Angry Birds myself. :D

Stickboy likes this.
  4. turbomentor

turbomentor Well-Known Member

I bought the BodyGardz screen protector. I carry mine around in my flight suit so I expect it will take a beating and I am trying to prevent that. I also use my phone a lot for running and biking and because of that I really want to make sure my phone is protected. The Rez does use some kind of hardened glass (not Gorilla Glass) but no glass is scratch-proof!
    Once this phone is rooted, there are apps that you can DL that emulate the smart actions. That was one reason I was leaning toward the Razr as well, but I opted for the Rez for various reasons.
    Sorry I can't really speak to the audio complaints as I haven't had any as of yet. I am training for my next marathon so I run almost every and use my phone as a music player. I'm not saying the Beats audio + headsets are the best thing in the world but it is pretty cool.

Hope this helps.

5. zazan

zazan Android Enthusiast

I had my phone without protection for three weeks then got a protector. Did not get any scratches. However depending on circumstances any glass will scratch. I hate protectors too as well as cases but I use both just to protect the investment.

If you look at the forums I think that you will conclude that the Rezound is a very reliable phone. Most of the complaints are fairly unique cases and I think that is a normal quality control issue. We now have two in our house and both work flawlessly.

Good luck with your decision. BTW, I research stuff like this myself way too much and I settled on the Rezound FWIW.

Stickboy likes this.
  6. Blackthanos

Blackthanos Well-Known Member

I have had my ReZound since release day and haven't gotten around to putting a screen protector on it yet.(incredibly bad memory) It has no scratches what so ever on it.(knock on wood) Don't know anything about the feature you talked about but I see you already have some good responses on it. Not really sure what audio issues you are talking about at least not anything wide spread so I think it's safe to say whatever it was it's closer to an isolated thing. I did have a sort of clicking when I shot 1080p video at one point but I was able to easily fix that myself. All in all this is a very reliable phone and I dare say one of...if not the best one on the market at the moment. Enjoy it.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews