1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Taking the plunge!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thenoble06, Nov 26, 2009.

1. thenoble06

thenoble06 Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I'm going to take the plunge now, and I'm thinking of going with the Hero on T Mobile.

My question is - since the G2/Hero doesn't use a snapdragon processor and runs around 600Mhz, is it quick enough now (and in the future) or is it laggy?

I'm thinking I'll be having the phone for around 18months - so I would like to make sure the phone I choose now will still be able to run apps etc in 18months time and won't be really underpowered. I guess I'd rather wait a month and pick up a phone that will last than rush out and buy one now. However there is always something better on the horizion and you have to take the plunge eventually!

Basically - should I be wary of buying a Android phone that doesn't have a Snapdragon processor is what I'm asking!

Advertisement

2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    LOL I totally agree with that :D

The Hero will be able to still handle the updates I'm sure and ofcourse run apps etc so I would say you got nothing to worry about :)

Enjoy your New Android!

Carl

3. thenoble06

thenoble06 Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Yeah - I went with the Hero (Touch G2) and it came yesterday. Just upgraded the ROM to the latest one released my T Mobile and it seems so far to be just as I was expecting. I have 7 days to decide weather to keep it or not but I think I will.

Now to root it - so I can start storing my apps on the SD Card! Oh - quick question on that - will rooting loosing the Sense UI?

4. rizzla

rizzla Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    London, UK
    Quick answer, No, sense will still be there. Rooting is a under the hood operation.