• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Taking the plunge

Jaffa

Android Expert
Nov 16, 2009
Brighton
OK, I rooted the shizzle out of my Hero back when I had lots of time to play with ROM's, I spent a lot of time flashing, reflashing trying different ROM's.

I don't really have that time nowaday's but I like the sound of ARHD, mainly so it looks more like my Wifes sensation and she can't keep rubbing her dual core in my face :-D

I suppose my question is, whats stable, whats well supported by the dev, what will give me the best battery life. I want to flash and leave it I dont want to be flashing constant updates for bug fixes etc..

Thanks in advance

I've had pretty good experiences with both CM7.1 and RCMix. ARHD, I just got a lot of FC's so I didn't stay on that for very long, but that was aaaages ago.

I've just flashed (as in the last hour) one called Absolution by The Collective. It's based on CM7.2 RC and looks pretty nice so far, although I can't really comment on its stability as of yet.

Reactions: Jaffa
Upvote 0
iv tried most of the popular ones as el pres mentioned and my personal fav is the RCmix, i had a small issue with people and fb but im pretty sure thats wasnt the rom but more me, iv found the battery life to be really good, iv had it on for few days now and wif a good constant use im getting about 1 and half days out of it, with wifi gps and 3g on all the time and blutooth on when im in the car, if you like the sense side of it i can highly recommend RCmix, ARHD is also quite good,

Reactions: Jaffa
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones