1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

talk about a kick in the ____!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by digdug1, Feb 10, 2011.

1. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

i have been waiting on the thunderbolt since last October. now apple comes along and pushes it back AGAIN!

to top things off best buy sends me an email advertising the Verizon i*phone 4's availability there also!!:mad:

I WANT MY HTC THUNDERBOLT! NOT SOME PHONE THAT WAS OUTDATED BEFORE YOU GOT IT!

ok rant over:eek:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. moondrius

moondrius Android Enthusiast

Same here. Even worse for me seeing how I have been through like 7 refurbs since I bought the droid x on launch day. Now I have a fascinate that wont sync anything and the gps does not work.

I almost want to go buy an iphone just to return it on the 13th day.

3. Ray412

Ray412 Newbie

I actually thought about doing the same thing and getting the iphone just to have a new phone for a a couple weeks and returning it but I don't wanna have to pay the $35 restocking fee. I just need to get rid of this Storm 1 which unfortunately I still have.

I know that nobody seems to really know for sure what the delay of this is but if it really is because of the iPhone that makes it even worse and for nothing considering all of the reports coming out today of there being next to no lines in any of the stores. A majority of the people who wanted the phone already preordered it or are waiting for their contract to end. Please just announce this phone so I can get rid of this POS!!

4. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert

With the epic fail that is the i*hone4 launch for verizon, maybe we'll get it sooner rather than later.

5. andrewzpsu

andrewzpsu Well-Known Member

Lol, my girlfriend is an iPhone fangirl... so I am actually thinking about buying it and returning it to piss her off. That would be worth the $35 for me hahah.

rdubbs007 likes this.
  6. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert

my fiance was an i*hone fangirl until I told her about the TB and she learned about it. We preordered two ;)

7. Depth Afield

Depth Afield Well-Known Member

Boy, you are quite the catch. She is lucky to have you. :rolleyes:

EgoDogg likes this.
  8. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Android Enthusiast

so did we get any info on the retail price this thing will be selling at(off contract)?:thinking:

9. snuggles

snuggles Android Enthusiast

Damn crapple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Android Enthusiast

11. BetaMan

BetaMan Android Enthusiast

I preordered mine today. The dude at BB said that the HTC rep told him that it would be out Monday the 14th. I also bought the holster and hard case cover already.

Come on Thunderbolt!

12. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Android Expert

crapple had nothing to do with it... it was an unfinish product as of earlier this week.... according to black_man_X they just recently fixed the LTE handoff situation so...
    try reading his blog, it has a lot of good info in there

13. howarmat

howarmat Android Expert

749 off contract, $50 shy of a xoom lol

14. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Android Expert

I noticed the Xoom doesn't have a price off contract. I would hate to ask.

Cool... 500th Post.

15. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Android Enthusiast

why do you guys say "i*hone" instead of iPhone? :thinking:

16. howarmat

howarmat Android Expert

there is no off contract price, there is no cnotract either, its month to month

17. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Android Expert

Seems stupid they lock you into a month when it's off contract then.

18. Depth Afield

Depth Afield Well-Known Member

Personally, I picked it up from seeing others do it. *shrug*

Some folks use "lol" excessively. "i*hone" shall be my quirk...

19. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

because it is profanity here :p

20. howarmat

howarmat Android Expert

you basically just have to activate the device and pay the first month. It has a radio, just like any phone and VZW wont let you out the door without that an activation either

21. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Wowwwwwwww! Where'd ya hear that? $629 was being thrown around last week. If that's the case, I'm passing! That's crazy, especially when a pure Google phone like the Nexus S is considerably less.

22. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

it will be 749 at best buy who knows about vzw. they havent announced a price yet. keep in mind you are getting a 32 gb memory card. an easy $100 value plus the lte chips are super expensive.

23. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Yea, I just saw it on BGR! Sticker Shock...lol

24. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert

$250 for a 2 year plan isn't too too bad

25. howarmat

howarmat Android Expert

Except that is 10 months you can bet there will be a new round of fantastic looking android phones :)

if you sign a 2 year you are locked in for 20 months. with a 1 year its 350 for the phone but you upgrade in 10 months. it used to be for like 270 you could get it on a 1 year, so its 80 more now for that option

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews