• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Talk About What Movies You've Seen Lately

Tonight I saw Batman vs Superman. Part of the time I had no idea what was going on, I guess I need to read up on it to figure it out.

It wasn't just you, lol.

Dream stuff was super weird.

Apparently a lot of that stuff is hinting at villains from comics, a taste of what is to come.

Reactions: PattiCakeUS
Upvote 0
It probably also doesn't help that I haven't seen any Superman movies since Christopher Reeve played him, or Batman since.... Michael Keaton? Maybe George Clooney? But nothing recent.

The things I found confusing &/or dumb were:

-The beginning... Superman was being blamed for causing problems & everyone hated him.
-The dream sequence was the part where I looked at the person next to me & said "I have no idea what's going on!"
-Batman trying to kill Superman. At all. What a jerk!
-The part where Batman went from trying to kill Supes to suddenly being his best buddy, just because they both have mom's named Martha seemed super dumb. It seemed really illogical for him to do a 180 that fast. When he did save Martha & said 'I'm a friend of your son's' I laughed out loud. I wanted him to add 'but 15 minutes ago I was trying to kill him'
-Superman using the Kryptonite spear on the alien instead of asking Wonder Woman or Batman to do it, when he knows it'll kill him seemed like a dumb idea for someone supposed to be so smart.

Sidebar: Wonder Woman lassoing the huge alien guy with her Lasso of Truth made me laugh, she should have asked him some questions! :D

Upvote 0
Saw the Jungle Book on Saturday last. It was far better than I expected. I thought it would be something like the 1942 Jungle Book live action featurewith Sabu. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be an almost faithful adaptation of the Disney animated version from 1967. It's truly amazing what CGI and 3D can do these days.

Reactions: PattiCakeUS
Upvote 0
The students liked it. :thumbsupdroid:

vlcsnap-2016-05-30-18h51m56s713.png

Upvote 0
I just caught "Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel."

It was quirky and at times laughable, but there were some great bits. I enjoyed it. The accents added a lot, too. :)

Here's the trailer...

Thats a fantastic film... saw that a few years back, and even MrsPsionandy (who usually doesn't go in for this sort of thing) loved it.

Reactions: rootabaga
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones