1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Talk Text & Data Plus $20Disc promo question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ISUVetMed, Mar 25, 2011.

1. ISUVetMed

ISUVetMed Member
    None

Mar 2, 2010
    I changed our family plan to this promo play back when it was offered. 2 of our lines upgraded to thunderbolts on release day and we kept our 2 year contracts. My old phone (OG droid) was to be given to a family member using an EnV2 on our same family line. Today I called customer service because when I tried to activate his phone it told me I had to drop our data plan and add a data plan, I didnt want to lose the promo so I called. I was told that the promo only stays if the lines use their upgrades and sign 2 year contracts, and if a device was activated without signing a 2 year contract the promo would be removed. I was wondering if this sounded right to anyone else, of if anyone has has experience activating a device without resigning their contract and keeping the plan?

I usually use a family members upgrade to upgrade devices every year (mine one, his the next) and sign 2 year contracts then pass him off my year old device. It would be a huge bummer if I wasnt able to do this anymore without losing $80 a month in promotional pricing :( Any advice?

Advertisement

2. moondrius

moondrius Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Baltimore MD
    I have activated other phones with that discount and it has stayed on. I also bought my tb with a 1 year contract and I still have my discount. I would make sure they let you keep it or you will switch to sprint because they are cheaper.

3. underd86

underd86 Member
    None

Jan 4, 2010
    that is not true, i did that with my lines and it kept, in fact for the promotion to work the $30 data plan was added to all lines. Just call the original number from the promotion and they will take care of you 877-873-3278

4. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Android Expert
    None

Jun 23, 2010
    Virginia
    I wonder if we'll still be eligible for any sort of credit once tiered comes into play?