• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

talk to me

dragon123

Lurker
Sep 2, 2010
i installed talk to me for my android 2.1 htc wildfire. Ive installed the additional packages required like tts extended 3.0 etc.. i also purchased voice from svox. I set the settings in the tts extended to unchecked in the Always use my settings.. set default engine to Svox. i see the languages i purchasesd in the language setting.

whenever i try to translate a word it does it fine but when i want it to speak the translated language it keeps telling me i need to buy the language and its missing, even though i have purchased it and installed it.

Any ideas??

I just tried this app myself yesterday. It seems to require a lot of additional software in order to work. Fortunately, I already had the TTS extended on my phone, but I did have to also download the svox Classic text-to-speech engine (free), and while I was at it, I went ahead and purchased the English-USA add-on package so I could also use the nicer voices with my Navigation.

Before it worked completely, I had to choose svox classic as the default speech engine in both the TTS extended and the usual TTS located in settings under Voice Input and Output. Once I figured it needed the default set in both places, it worked.

I ended up dumping the original talk to me app because I liked Google Translate better, but I kept the svox and language pack because it is great not to have such a robotic voice for my other apps that use speech, especially the Google Navigation app.

I have a Nexus One so I don't know if your Wildfire has the same settings set-up. Hopefully it will help you to get yours to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones