1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root talked to a metro employee

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by slipkn0t2012, Mar 23, 2013.

1. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

There is no cap I pay 60 bucks no caps for anything, but plans with throttling don't come with the 4g hotspot you pay an extra 10 dollars for that.

Sent from my batcave.

Advertisement

2. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Yes but the $60 you can't get hotspot whatsoever.

3. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

[​IMG]Man then when I go home my laptop must be running on hopes and dreams.

Sent from my batcave.

4. Eyepatchdude

Eyepatchdude Well-Known Member

I think that only the people who have been on $60 plans from before the ability to "Add tethering" to your plan still have it available..

I've got the old $60 rhapsody unlimited plan, and my tethering works as well.

5. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

Nah got mine without the music thing when I got the motion I'm January

Sent from my batcave.

6. 20GT

20GT Well-Known Member

1. since the Motion has a sims card can we switch to "Straight Talk"?
    2. whats the deal with Straight Talk is their coverage is it really better?
    3. locked boot loader? does that mean we cant change the "sound on" file?

one last question but I think i need to start another thread for this one?

7. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

1. No you cant switch to ST or any other gsm carrier.
    2. They're a MVNO, they use the other carriers coverage. T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint & AT&T. You can no longer buy AT&T sims though.

8. Angablade

Angablade Android Enthusiast

1: possible with a mod

9. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Which mod?

10. plasticarmyman

plasticarmyman Android Expert

1. the motion does not have a sim card....it has an ICC card which is for the 4G...completely different than a SIM card and that slot cannot be used for a sim card either..

2. it all depends on your area..

3. you can change the sound on if you root the phone....locked bootloader means we can't do full ROMs

11. TheAmazingDave

TheAmazingDave Android Expert

That's kinda different.

What we know now as Verizon and the former Cingular (AT&T) are really children of AT&T originally, the whole mess and brand name mix-up largely a part of the AT&T anti-trust suits of yore.

In our case, an outside unrelated company is coming in for the take-over.

alfick3 likes this.
  12. plasticarmyman

plasticarmyman Android Expert

So AT&T was related to Cingulair when it bought it?....that makes no sense...

and my bad...Alltell is still around...much to my surprise

after some research....it's a long and confusing story about cingular buying out at&t in 04 and then at&t buying out cingular in 07...i dunno...but either way my argument is this:

It makes no sense whatsoever for a company who is switching over to Non-Contract plans to buyout another company that is Non-Contract and have it stay a separate entity, especially when they are planning on (and this is fact! not assumption) removing all CDMA phone and switching everything over to GSM...

Also, this mofo still needs to get voted on...and a lotta people don't like it....

either way i'm leaving Metro as soon as possible...because i am getting tired of them not helping their customers.

13. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Theyre descendents of the old Bell monopoly Verizon and AT&T later on buy all of the other pieces up so now they're the duopoly descendents of the old monopoly.

T-Mobile needs spectrum and metro is their best match since the frequencies are right next to each other(contiguous) which is better for network configuration(faster speeds) & equipment costs.

Tmobile would have a way to shake up their prices among there 4 different brands. T-Mobile, T-Mobile Prepaid, GoSmart Mobile & now MetroPCS.

14. KA24DERACER

KA24DERACER Well-Known Member

All I know is that one: its NEVER a good thing for competition to disappear. and two: for CERTAIN nothing good has EVER come from cell phone companies buying each other out. ATT bought Cingular, and while Cingular wasnt the best carrier, it was decent for back in the day and ATT is complete garbage, Verizon bought Surewest, screwed all Surewests customers and became even MORE expensive... I have a bad feeling that Metro customers are gonna get screwed by this, either by prices jumping up or paying the same for less. Plus their phones cost ALOT more, and they have a worse selection IMO.

15. TheDemon

TheDemon Android Enthusiast

[​IMG]
    Off topic but I had to post this.

Edit: And woo! my 100th post.

16. Mmazz

Mmazz Newbie

Remember this is a reverse merger, the surviving company will be metro pcs,, but will take the T mobile name for operations. T mobile gets a approx 74% stake in metro while metro gets all of tmobiles USA stock.

17. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

What?

Sent from my batcave.

18. rhino889a

rhino889a Android Expert

Wow thats a weird one

19. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Yes its true t-mobile will become the parent company but run under the PCS stock ticker and metro will be a sub brand. It'll have all the t-mobile execs on top except the CFO which is currently the CFO of metro.

Tags: