1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

General Talked to a Sales Rep About what the Evo 3d is like and it wasn't great news

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Unbreakable99, May 28, 2011.

1. Unbreakable99

Unbreakable99 Newbie
    None

May 27, 2011
    I went into a Sprint Store on Friday. I currenly own an EVO 4g. I asked him if he has seen the Evo 3d and when he thought it would be released. He said he didn't see it but his manager did play with it a little and wasn't pleased. He said his manager is the biggest Evo fan and currenly has an Evo 4g and was going to upgrade to the new 3d as soon as it came out. He said after the manager saw the new phone his anxiousness of getting the 3d went down and said he wouldn't get it.

I also talked to another rep in the store and he said he didn't see the phone yet but said I shouldn't buy the first of anything. He said it's not worth buying a 3d phone yet. He said I should just keep my current phone.

Lastly, as far as when the Evo 3d would arrive they both said the end of June. They said they said they aren't allowed to take vacation during the last weeks of June and they expect it's because they will be in training for the Evo 3d and it should be released the 2nd half of June.

Did anyone else hear anything about the Evo 3d not being all that good like the rep told me and it lowered their expectations?

Advertisement

GaryColeman likes this.
  2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    Not the experience at my Sprint Store. Reps already trained on the phone, and all of them said the display was amazing. And very smooth. They have received zero word about any date or plans, so they would just be guessing. They think that it should be within June.

Yesterday, I asked if the 3D went both in and out of the screen. The guy hesitated and then said "yes" in a way that didn't convince me that he understood my question. :)

Lefort1, sergi0wned and BenChase7 like this.
  3. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    No offense, but it sounds like you got a lot of opinions. I think everyone should play with and judge the phone for themselves. Regardless of which model it is. That's coming from a guy who's not even buying an Evo3D; but I'm confident it'll be a fine product.

Lefort1, sergi0wned and jerofld like this.
  4. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2010
    If I get one I'm going to try and wait a month. By then people who got the first batch will be happy or posting about how many they've had to return because of x issue.

lpjzfan2005 likes this.
  5. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    +1 on the opinions. Maybe they have been playing with SGS or something with AMOLED or something, too, that would throw off their objectivity. Maybe they're a fan of the iPhone's Retina display.

Another thing to consider is sometimes there are just phones that are bad right out of the box. While I've never owned an Evo, how many people had the leaking light problem or dead pixels? Hell, my model of phone, the DX, had major display issues immediately after release. It's not an uncommon thing to associate all phones of a specific model as crap because the individual unit you got shouldn't have made it past QC. But it happens in manufacturing.

So, until you get your hands on it yourself and see, I wouldn't put much faith into what other people say.

6. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    opinions come a dime a dozen. we are all adults and reasonably intelligent. we will each make our own decisions once the handset is released. if some of you are on the fence, wait until its in the sprint store. then, test drive it for yourself and make your own mind. the rep could have had a bad day and maybe wanted to take it out on the 3D. stuff happens.

/closed

EarlyMon and Kelmar like this.
Tags: