• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Talked to a Verizon rep yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon my french. But bullshit.

You spoke to a complete and total moron of a rep.

Hell, my local reps didn't know anything about the Incredible until I walked in with the leaked equipment guide and user guide printed out about 2 weeks before launch. :D

You're dead right, none of the things he said is possible.

Qualcom doesn't yet have a SOC Snapdragon with LTE support, so that knocks 4g out. Not to mention that even if LTE wasn't being used, they'd still have to have an FCC filing for it if they planned to turn it on in the future.

Hidden front facing camera? Really? where? In the Optical pad?

Because the other 3 holes on the front have been accounted for. Proximity sensor, light sensor and the notification LED.

No... No... No...

The camera, a light, the LTE radio, and the 802.11n are hiding in the big red block above the VZW logo. That is an interchangeable, ultra-upgradable chip. All that Qualcomm would need to get approved is the chip, which would then be replaced. That's what the "guy in the Verizon Store" told me!
:p:cool:

Upvote 0
I'm working on developing a case modification that involves an elaborate tunnel of mirrors that would effectively give you a front facing camera. It's only gonna add about an inch to the thickness of the phone. Lemme know if anyone else wants one, just send me your case.

</sarcasm>

I've actually miniturized the Large Hadron Collider inside my phone, when I get it cranked up, my phone will not only find the "God Particle", but will have a front facing camera.

Reactions: cryptiq
Upvote 0
wow- talk about conspiracy theories... biggest question you should ask yourself is why oh why would a phone secretly put anything on it and not tell the consumer? Especially when the secret items would sway thousands to purchase that phone?

It's Incredible what some people will say...:D

On a side note- I freaking love this phone. I will say I am new to the platform, new to smartphones in general, thought I wanted the iphone, but realized what I really wanted was the Incredible. Sure its not super simple like the iphone, but man the customizations freaking rock. I lvoe all the widgets etc, still trying to get more life out of my battery, but I use the hell out of this phone, so i am not surprised and I learned anytime I got on the internet on my Env touch I could literally watch my battery drain so it was no surpise to me connecting to the net would drain my battery. Hell it lasts longer than my laptop and I am doing the same things on my phone! (love that I can download Mp3s cause I am in another city and won't get to my laptop till a few more months!)

Upvote 0
I've actually miniturized the Large Hadron Collider inside my phone, when I get it cranked up, my phone will not only find the "God Particle", but will have a front facing camera.

Are you taking orders? I need this capability on my phone. Ideally I'd like to the ability to create my own universe(s) when traveling. But, I have one caveat, I want to be able to use the collider within 10min of taking my phone off the charger and not have the battery meter drop below 95%. Do you plan to support this, if not, I'm afraid it's a deal breaker.

Also, when using my phone in the newly created universe(s), I don't want to see my Time Without a Signal above 10%. I realize this is also asking a lot considering there might be some downtime before cell towers are built in the universe(s). Would be nice to have a portal widget that would somehow bring 3G network with it into the new universe.

Upvote 0
You win.

--

I don't believe the OP I think it's a troll there is no way a real Verizon rep would say that.

Oh, i don't think the OP is trolling. Never underestimate the stupidity of store reps.

I had a Verizon Store rep that was 100% completely totally sure that the Incredible was the Evo. "Yes sir, it has a 4.3" screen, front facing camera and wi-max" And this is after I showed him the official spec guide from Verizon's website that got leaked. :rolleyes:

Trust me, some of these reps are either A) Stoned B) Lying through their teeth C) Believe every single unsubstantiated rumor ever on the net.

Now, don't take this personally, because I know some Verizon reps frequent the boards.

There are great and terrible and in-between workers in every field. I'm referring to terrible ones, some damn great ones gave us some fantastic info on the Incredible :)

Upvote 0
So an AGGIE, a Longhorn, and a Sooner walk into this Verizon store... sorry, couldn't help myself :)

and... a Verizon rep told a bold-faced lie to try to convince them to buy the Droid Incredible by HTC...???

To make your comment even more interesting, I actually did walk into the store with my Longhorn buddy... ;)

Upvote 0
Qualcom doesn't yet have a SOC Snapdragon with LTE support, so that knocks 4g out. Not to mention that even if LTE wasn't being used, they'd still have to have an FCC filing for it if they planned to turn it on in the future.

I'm on the same page as you, especially with regards to the lack of filing, but snapdragon LTE support is irrelevant. It doesn't sport wimax 4g but that didn't stop them from using it in the EVO. The functionality doesn't need to be built into the cpu.

Upvote 0
On launch day I had 2 in store reps that had no idea what the incredible was... the really sad part was that they were wearing the new shirts advertising it...ya.

They also screwed up about every possible thing on signing up for my new family plan.

But the phone is worth it! (esp. When they unlock that front facing camera!) :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
just to chime in on the front facing camera theory. Everyone has been saying its a light/proximity sensor so that the phone turns off while its up to your face. But what if your making a phone call in the dark? Does that mean the screen will be perminantly off so you cant access the keypad while in a call?

Either way I've noticed it to be extremely buggy for me when making phone calls then needing to use keypad because the phone will not come back on unless you tilt the phone horizontal with the ground. Thus it seems to me the screen turns off and on via acceleromoter not with said sensors to your face.

Upvote 0
and he claimed that the Droid Incredible not only was 4G capable, and would utilize their 4G network when it released "this summer", but also that it had a hidden front-facing camera that would be enabled with the 4G capability. He said this was all on the "down-low" right now. Pretending I didn't know much about the phone I went along with it.

Correct me if I've been oblivious to these features of the Droid Incredible, but unless this is the best kept secret by HTC and Verizon in either of their histories, I find it kind of irritating that the reps say stuff like this. Like it's been said in many other threads, I'm sure that it's more about their managers mis-informing or non-informing, but that's just ridiculous!

I didn't read the rest of the thread yet, but I just wanted to say..

SmellsLikeBullshit.jpg

The only thing I am not yet sure of, and perhaps the thread will bring enlightenment, is whether or not you telling this story is BS as well. It is almost impossible for me to believe that a verizon rep would say such stupid and idiotic things, even on the "down low." So if he said those things, it is clearly BS, but whether or not someone was stupid enough to spew that BS may also be... BS. Just sayin.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones