• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Talking on phone w/ headphones problem

Barfighter

Oct 17, 2009
Lately when I make a call with headphones on the person on the other end cannot hear me..I will be listening to music. Pull up the contact. Music fades. I hear phone ringing. They answer I hear them fine but they cannot hear me..Very frustrating especially since this is a business phone for me...Any ideas? User error (I hope)?

Are you using general "listening to music" headphones, or headphones with a mic? NO phone I've had would let you talk when "listening to music" headphones were plugged in (not that they don't exist). It might not be the phone that is messing up...

I will change heaphones but I am almost certain I have been using these for quite some time and have used the phone w/ them. Could be wrong tough (happens quite often).

Upvote 0
Are you using general "listening to music" headphones, or headphones with a mic? NO phone I've had would let you talk when "listening to music" headphones were plugged in (not that they don't exist). It might not be the phone that is messing up...

I switched over from a Pre to the Hero, and it was possible to use the Pre's built-in microphone to talk while using regular headphones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones