1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Talkmobile HTC Desire S Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aa17, Jan 7, 2012.

1. aa17

aa17 Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    London
    :) Hi I just wanted to say that I have received update for Desire S on talkmobile network. All seems to be working well.

I have been eagerly anticipating the update for a while now even though I have been happy with android 2.3.3 and sense 2.1 that my phone came with.

This is my first smartphone and generally I have been very please with it with the exception of possibly having better battery life and clearer viewing in bright sunlight (I know I'm alone in this).

I did a manually software update check on the off chance that the update might be available and when I did I was notified that software build 1.47.... was available (had 1.28...) so I decide to update.

Once it had updated I decided to do another manual software update and was notified that 2.3.5. & 3.0 was available. Update said that I would need 227.04 MB.

The update went smoothly as mentioned before and on the whole I am please with the update. In term of GUI I would probably compare the update to be on the same level as upgrading from Vista to W7.

Advertisement

Cannonball2 and notebook like this.
  2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Thanks for the confirmation.

3. Cannonball2

Cannonball2 Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    Inventory Controller
    Hampshire, UK
    I too am on Talkmobile. I have just done a manual check and there is an update available. I will do it later once I have the phone on charge, as I don't want to risk it going flat halfway through

4. Cannonball2

Cannonball2 Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    Inventory Controller
    Hampshire, UK
    I have just updated with no problems.
    The software update has changed the way the screens roll round as you scroll through them. I like the ring you slide up on the unlock screen.
    Also it seems to have cured the dead zone I had on the screen about a third of the way down

5. steve3265

steve3265 Lurker
    None

Jan 17, 2012
    i got the update the other day (2.3.5), for talkmobile. The update downloaded well, I think however when it re-booted it must have failed, It now just shows the image of a phone with an error sign (triangle in red with a '!') on a black screen. If anyone can help me with this i'd appreciate it. The phone does not respond at all and will only power off if the battery is removed.
    Thanks

steve

6. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    @steve3265

Can you get to the Hboot screen and the recovery options? If so, select 'Apply update from sdcard' and see if that works and/or try the 'wipe data/factory reset' and 'wipe cache partition' options, too.

Power off your phone > Press and hold the volume down button, and then briefly press the power button to get to the HBoot screen (a white menu screen).

If you can't, then I think you're going to have to send it back to your provider to be reflashed. If you play around with trying to get S-OFF and rooted with the current fault, in order to fix the problem yourself, then you could brick your phone (further) and void the warranty.

steve3265 likes this.
  7. steve3265

steve3265 Lurker
    None

Jan 17, 2012
    @notebook
    Thanks for your reply, tried all the options you gave and the phone states there to be an error with all of them apart from the partition wipe. I'm going to try to send it back via Carphone Warehouse but that's easier said than done. If they kick up and say they will charge I'll send it to the insurance company for them to replace. thanks allot for your help though :)

Tags: