• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tango on the Bionic

Hi guys,

My name is Randall and I work for Tango – an application that allows you to make free phone calls and free video calls over 3G, 4G, and Wi-Fi.

I was wondering if any of you have tried Tango on your new Droid Bionic phones.

We are planning on releasing an updated version of Tango next week and need help testing the Droid bionic on it. If you would like to help beta test our unreleased update, please fill out our form at www.tango.me/android-beta-signup/ and message me so I can send you a link to our beta apk.

We are very excited for this new device and would like your feedback on how Tango performs on it.

Thanks for your help!

I TRIED it - video quality was ok, but audio quality was a JOKE - popping, hissing, squealing sounds, couldnt hear the other person at all.

Tried it on 3G, 4G and Wi-fi - same on all 3. I uninstalled and went back to Google Talk.

Brad

Hi Brad,

I would like to have the opportunity to gather more information from you so we can diagnose the audio issues you are having. Please submit a Support Request at Tango Support Center and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0
One of the first thing I did with my new phone was use Tango. Didnt really have any issues as far as using Tango. I was able to Tango my brother on his iPhone who is on ATT. It was short and brief but didnt have any issues. Comparing it to Google Talk I find that Tango gives high quality video but tends to have lag every so often most likely due to the high quality video. While Google Talk was much smoother quality was lower which is most likely the reason for smoother video due to less data being transmitted. What I would like to see is the ability to switch video from low or high res in Tango. I would use Google Talk more for conversating while using Tango for showing off stuff etc...

Upvote 0
One of the first thing I did with my new phone was use Tango. Didnt really have any issues as far as using Tango. I was able to Tango my brother on his iPhone who is on ATT. It was short and brief but didnt have any issues. Comparing it to Google Talk I find that Tango gives high quality video but tends to have lag every so often most likely due to the high quality video. While Google Talk was much smoother quality was lower which is most likely the reason for smoother video due to less data being transmitted. What I would like to see is the ability to switch video from low or high res in Tango. I would use Google Talk more for conversating while using Tango for showing off stuff etc...

Thanks for your feedback :)

Upvote 0
I've used it several times to both the Fascinate and the Charge over hi speed wifi and 4G. The first thing I tell the person on the other side is to lower their volume. That removes the feedback scratching and squeeling. I haven't tried with our iPhone4 or DXs. The Charge may not have been using the latest version.

One thing I haven't figured out is how to switch back to the FFC from the rear so I have to turn off video and then turn it back on which switches to FFC by default. There is an option there to switch to the rear camera.

It works well. Occasioinally a signal or bandwidth problem when using dual view with both people sending video. One way seems excellent.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones